Name of patient: Elyn Peh
“…I used to have reservations about physiotherapy, but I firmly believe now, that with patience, hard work and perseverance, it does work for me. In cases where medication fails to work, physiotherapy can be very effective.”
- After a trip to Osaka, Japan in November 2013, Elyn suffered from severe pain in the right ankle.
- An X-ray was taken, and the specialist confirmed that the pain was caused by a fracture in her foot and her flat feet.
- There was no medication that could offer her relief.
Experience with Steps & Providence:
- Elyn sought treatment with Steps & Providence in January, 2014.
- Joan’s diagnosis suggested that her pain in the thighs, back, neck and head were all intertwined and an integrated treatment programme was necessary.
- Following a series of physiotherapy, it was time to start training on her stamina which has deteriorated from her inability to walk much, post injury.
- To prevent further injury to Elyn’s fragile foot bone by putting full body weight on her feet, the AlterG allowed her feet protection, letting her run at 40% of her body weight.
- With much determination and perseverance, the pain slowly went away months later and Elyn resumed her travel plans.
For Elyn’s story and how she eventually scaled the Lantau Peak in Hong Kong, click here