Name of patient: Ng Zhenrong
“…it is my honest opinion that I am not the only patient who would consider Joan as a blessing in my life…”
- Zhenrong was diagnosed with 40% disc degeneration and minor disc herniation in my L5/S1 spinal disc.
- For a student who had led an active lifestyle, this meant she had to stop her favourite badminton, squash and running activities.
- She could not sit for more than 5 minutes and had to study while lying on her stomach. She also had to take her exams standing.
Experience with Steps & Providence:
- When Zhenrong visited Joan, she would have already suffered a torturous 7 months of pain and painkillers every day.
- As part of her treatment regime, Joan put her on the Anti-Gravity Alter-G Treadmill so that she could continue to exercise by running without fear of further damage to her back. This greatly boosted her esteem and morale.
- Zhenrong was taught simple home-based exercises that were targeted at strengthening her core muscles. She also learnt how to care for her own back.
- After 6 months of intensive treatment, Zhenrong is now able to sit without pain – something that many take for granted. She is on track to fulfilling her dream of becoming a lawyer.
Read about the story of a lawyer in the making here .