Name of patient: Stefanie Theis
“The additional advantage of having Joan is that she is a trained Childbirth Educator.”
- Soon after the birth of her second child, Stephanie, a busy stay-home mother of two, experienced pain in the neck and shoulder, and numbness in her arm.
- It was almost impossible to do any household chore and child minding activities without pain.
- Her doctor suggested that she see Joan at Steps & Providence.
Experience with Steps & Providence:
- A mother herself, Joan totally emphathised with Stefanie’s situation and was particularly flexible when it comes to scheduling her appointments.
- Stefanie’s treatment programme comprised of manual manipulative techniques and electrotherapy.
- She was taught Pilates and floor exercises which she could do at home.
- While fixing her pain problems, Stefanie learnt pregnancy-related back care tips.
- She eventually gave birth to a third child, and had a wonderful post-natal recovery.
Learn how a mother like Stefanie had her pain treated and benefited from a trained childbirth-educator’s tips on caring for herself during her pregnancy here !