Name of Patient: Gillian, 17 at time of treatment
“…close to 2 years after I began my AlterG workout, I could say that I have never expected to come this far…with the help of Joan and the AlterG, I found myself more hopeful and determined to be physically independent…”
- Diagnosed with Osteosarcoma at the 9th Thoracic Vertebra in 2010.
- Experienced numb limbs, which were fast deteriorating.
- After an operation to remove the malignant tumour, Gillian was paralysed waist down.
- In 2011, with intensive physiotherapy, Gillian progressed from wheelchair to walker, at a below-par frame of balance.
- By 2012, she was able to walk, and only walk.
- In the later part of 2012, she suffered a relapse and had to be put back on chemotherapy and radiation therapy. This second round of treatment ended at the beginning of 2013.
Experience with Steps & Providence:
- Early 2013, Gillian visited Joan Law. Upon consultation, Joan commenced anti-gravity training for her, starting with 5-minute walking sessions.
- The core muscle training eventually intensified into hour-long exercises, allowing Gillian to “run” and sweat – something that has been badly missed by the youngster.
- In less than two years, by 2014, although she could still only walk, but the increased stamina and strengthened muscles have allowed Gillian to travel overseas.
To find out more about how Gillian did it, click here!