Name of Patient: Ken
“…I had some serious hamstring and lower back problems, and it looked like the dream might be over… Joan set carefully-planned strengthening and stretching exercises, coupled with training on the Alter-G Anti-Gravity treadmill…By April, I was ready for the race …”
- Had been training for Marathon Des Sables.
- Twelve weeks before the race in April 2014, Ken suffered from serious hamstring and lower back pain that threatened to abort his life-time ambition.
Experience with Steps & Providence:
- During the first two weeks, with Joan’s help, a set of goals and training milestones were set leading up to the race.
- The treatment regime comprises strengthening and stretching exercises, coupled with training on the Alter-G Anti-Gravity treadmill.
- In a couple of months, Ken’s fitness and core strength improved.
- By April, he was ready for the race and conquered the 6 marathons in 6 days across the Sahara Desert.
Read up about how Ken would not let sports injury dash his marathon dreams, click here!